African fried chicken
African fried chicken is extremely easy to make and full of flavor. The chicken is first boiled for few minutes with spices and seasonings and then deep fry.
This recipe will show you how to fry chicken, the African way
Time: 30 -40 minutes
- 1kg of chicken (Any part but legs preferably)
- 1 bouillon cube or Magui cube
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon White or black pepper (or both)
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 3 garlic gloves, grated
- 1 teaspoon Thyme leaves (Fresh or dried)
- ½ teaspoon Chili pepper or to taste
- ½ teaspoon of curry powder
- ½ cup of water
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
Fried Chicken Video Recipe
Step 1: Add the chicken in a pot with all the spices and seasonings (pepper, curry, onions, garlic, ginger, bouillon cube, ..)
Add the water and salt, then bring to a boil for about 15-20 minutes
You will need to stir occasionally to help to flavor come together.
After 20 minutes, remove the chicken and set aside.
Step 2: Heat the vegetable oil on medium heat and fry the chicken until golden brown and remove.
For a healthier version you can also grill the chicken in the oven for 30 minutes.
It can be served with tomato sauce, or with anything you want, such as Attieke, Jollof Rice or Couscous.